Are you a DoorDash driver seeking clarity on accessing your pay stubs? Look no further! As a gig worker in the bustling world of food delivery, it’s essential to understand how to track and manage your earnings. In this blog post, we’ll break down the process of obtaining your DoorDash pay stubs (or their equivalent) in simple, easy-to-follow steps. By the end of this post, you’ll be equipped with the knowledge and confidence to access your earnings information and handle your income like a pro.
Can You Get Pay Stubs from Doordash?
As a DoorDash driver, you won’t receive traditional pay stubs since you’re classified as an independent contractor rather than an employee. Consequently, you may wonder how to obtain income proof for various purposes, such as renting an apartment, applying for loans, or filing taxes.
To verify your income, you can rely on your DoorDash earnings history, accessible through the DoorDash app or the Dasher portal. Furthermore, if you earn over $600 as a DoorDash driver in the United States, you’ll receive a 1099-NEC form, which documents your income for tax purposes. You can also use TrueWork, an eligible verification service for third-party income verification. In any case, it’s crucial to maintain accurate records of your earnings and expenses for tax and income verification purposes.
Step-by-Step Guide to Getting Doordash Pay Stubs
Collecting income proof as a DoorDash driver can be daunting since you’re an independent contractor, not an employee. However, there are still ways to verify your income. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to get DoorDash pay stubs or their equivalent.
- Access your DoorDash account: Start by logging in to your DoorDash account using the app or visiting the Dasher portal on your computer.
- Locate your earnings history: Once logged in, tap or click on your account photo, typically found in your screen’s upper left corner. Select the “Earnings” or “Payment History” tab from there to view your income details.
- Review your earnings: Under the “Earnings” or “Payment History” tab, you’ll see a breakdown of your earnings by date, including base pay, tips, promotions, and bonuses. This information is a substitute for traditional pay stubs and can be used to prove your income.
- Download or screenshot the records: For a more official record, you can download or take screenshots of your earnings history, which can be used as proof of income when needed.
- Obtain your 1099-NEC form: If you’re a U.S.-based DoorDash driver and earn over $600 in a year, DoorDash will send you a 1099-NEC form. This document is crucial for tax filing and can also be used as proof of income.
- Use TrueWork for third-party verification: Sometimes, you might need to verify your income through an eligible third party. TrueWork is a service that allows you to do just that. Follow their process to provide income verification for landlords, lenders, or other institutions.
- Keep track of your records: It’s essential to maintain accurate records of your income, expenses, and mileage as a DoorDash driver. This information will help you when filing taxes and providing proof of income in various situations.
Following these steps, you can effectively gather the necessary documentation to prove your income as a DoorDash driver, even though traditional pay stubs aren’t provided.
Does Doordash Keep Track Of Earnings?
Yes, DoorDash keeps track of earnings for its drivers. You can access your earnings information through the DoorDash app or the Dasher portal as an independent contractor. These records include your base pay, tips, promotions, and bonuses, giving you a comprehensive view of your income.
However, it’s crucial to remember that, as an independent contractor, you’re responsible for managing your earnings and expenses and accurately reporting them for tax purposes. It’s essential to keep personal records of your income and expenses, including mileage, vehicle maintenance, and other business-related costs, to ensure you have all the necessary information when filing taxes or providing proof of income.
All in all, getting your Doordash pay stubs doesn’t have to be a difficult process. With these steps, you can easily view your earnings for the past month or any other period you choose. Just make sure you do it on time not to miss out on any money. Additionally, if you are unsure about anything at any point in this guide, feel free to contact Doordash support, as they could help answer your concerns more directly and promptly than other options.